If you caught our previous blog post, you’ll be up to speed with the many nutritional benefits of eating walnuts. So in the spirit of the Veguary, here is a tasty walnut hummus to really get your mouth watering!
Side note: if you haven’t got a clue what Veguary is, you’re probably not alone! Click here to find out more.
- 1/2 cup (65g) walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 can chickpeas beans, drained & rinsed – Keep the chickpea water for blending
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 heaped tbsp tahini
- ½ tsp salt & a few grinds of black pepper
1) Toast walnuts in 175°C oven for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
2) Combine the toasted walnuts with the garlic and puree in a food processor with the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, salt and pepper. Continue to blend to an even, smooth consistency (adding the chickpea water as needed).
3) Enjoy with carrot, pepper and cucumber dippers!